POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray user count : Re: povray user count Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray user count
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 2 Feb 2000 18:23:55
Message: <3898bc8b@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] usanet> wrote :

> >Can I write you a check for $10 for a legal copy?
>
> Seriously, the availability of warez here is unbelievable.

    See, I thought you were talking about $8 for a -legal- copy. I don't
keep up with MAX, so I sort of figured we were talking about an old version
or something.

    I have MAX of some sort on a CD somewhere. But since it was illegally
copied for me I looked at it and now do not use it. I have a couple of legal
things like Corel RayDream(?) that I don't use. I am quite happy with POV.

    I like being able to write it all by hand. Not the least because I can
take a notebook to work with me and scribble some things while I have a
quiet period.